I was invited by Karin Kaufman (thanks, Karin!), author of mystery/suspense novel, The Witch Tree, to participate in author Gail M. Baugniet’s (The Pepper Bibeau mystery series) blog event, The Next Big Thing (TNBT). In it, authors will answer 10 questions about their current WIP (work in progress) and tag five other writers, linking to their blogs so everyone can check out their answers.
Karin and Gail thought one or two questions per week would work well, so we can tag more authors with each post (this doesn’t have to be five each time).
Question #1 of The Next Big Thing:
What is the title of book/WIP?
Krisi: Right now I actually have two WIPs going simultaneously. I’m working on a translation of Charles Barbara’s mystery/suspense novella, The Red Bridge Murder (L’Assassinat du Pont-Rouge), which some believe might have inspired Fyodor Dostoyevsky to write Crime and Punishment. I’m also working on Genesis, Book III in my On the Soul vampire series.
And now, five awesome authors whose work you want to watch:
Karin Kaufman (mystery/suspense): http://www.karin-kaufman.blogspot.com/
Tahlia Newland (fantasy/magical realism): http://tahlianewland.com/blog/
Teric Darken (thriller/suspense): http://tericdarken.blogspot.com/
Tracy Krauss (romance/speculative fiction): http://www.tracykraussexpressionexpress.com/
Ellen Gable (historical fiction/romance/suspense): http://ellengable.wordpress.com/
For any authors who’d like to participate, here’s the full list of TNBT questions for you to copy and paste into your blog with your answers. Just tag five other awesome authors with links to their blogs so everyone can follow along.
1) What is the title of your book/WIP?
2) Where did the idea for the book come from?
3) What genre would your book fall under?
4) Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
5) What is the one sentence synopsis of your book?
6) Is your book published or represented?
7) How long did it take you to write it?
8) What other books within your genre would you compare it to?
9) Which authors inspired you to write this book?
10) Tell us anything else that might pique our interest in this book.